your 2017 holiday search
Your search criteria
On which date would you like to arrive?

Latest Travel Updates

Foreign Travel Advice

For information about current travel laws and regulations, please visit the following website: Travel Aware. Here you'll find the latest travel advice and you can even sign up to email alerts on all the latest news. Alternatively, you can follow the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Twitter account to receive up to date news on events or laws which may affect tourism: @FCOTravel.

Paris - 2017 Air Pollution Certificate Law

The French government has introduced an environmentally friendly system in Paris which aims to reduce pollution. The result is, all cars driving through the centre of the famous city will now need an Air Quality Certificate (a pollution sticker) or face a possible fine. However, it’s easy for tourists to avoid this.

Registering Online

By registering online, you can have a pollution sticker forwarded to you in the post. Tourists can visit the official Air Quality Certificate website to apply for a pollution sticker. We’re always eager to ensure our customers’ holiday arrangements run smoothly, so please be aware of this new law for 2017 when booking your trip to French campsites around Champagne and Paris, including La Croix du Vieux Pont and Paris-Est.

Air Quality Certificate

From the 16th January 2017 in central Paris, all vehicles will be required to display a pollution sticker between 8am – 8pm, Monday to Friday.

All road vehicles, which includes two or three-wheeled varieties, are expected to follow to this new law. The sticker is provided based on your vehicle type and is classed by its environmental qualities (the pollutants it emits). Based on the local government’s new law, there are 6 varieties of stickers which are provided to vehicles. Please call us on 0161 332 8900 for further information.

Driving Licence Changes

We’re here to ensure your holiday arrangements go as smoothly as possible, with this in mind here are some changes that may affect your holiday preparation.

The UK Government will shortly be introducing a driving licence change that could impact your preparations if you are/ or are planning to hire a car abroad this summer.

Current British driving licences are made up of a plastic photo card and a paper counterpart, you may have already heard but as from 8th June 2015 the DVLA will no longer be issuing the paper counterpart.

What this means when hiring a car?

Previously your paper counterpart had to be produced when hiring a card to show your driving record. If you have booked your car hire directly with us or have booked independently you will need to provide proof of your driving record at your car rental desk. 

What do you need to do?

As the paper counterpart will not be valid from 8th June, customers hiring a car on or after this date will need to obtain a code from the DVLA’s View Driving Licence Service found online at To obtain your code you’ll need your driving licence number, your national insurance number and postcode on your licence. This code will be requested by your car rental supplier when obtaining your car. Codes are only valid for 72hours and can also be obtained over the phone on 0300 083 0013.

Further advice

Full details can be found at:

The DVLA have also set up an online video providing guidance on how to prove your driving record, this can be found here.

Should you have any questions or would like to request a call back please don’t hesitate to get in touch.